Helpful Training tips and videos
Why is training important to your Great Dane puppy and your family?
- Training provides mental stimulation and exercise, which contributes to a number of positive attributes including being a happy dog.
- Training helps to eliminate unwanted behaviors. Such behaviors could be: not coming when called, jumping on his/her family members and/or guests who come to your home, pulling on a leash, barking excessively, potty inside issues, food aggression, counter surfing and lack of respect for his/her owners and family members.
- Training could save your pups life. (Learning to come when called is extremely important.)
- Training helps you as his/her owner to better manage him/her as they grow. It's always easier to start young than to try to train a 120+ pound Great Dane.
- Training makes it possible to include your pet on any outside adventure. Examples could be: going to a pet-friendly store or dog park, traveling in a car (to the vet or other places), walking, hiking, camping. This also eliminates the need for your pet to stay longer periods of time away from you and his/her family. Danes are incredibly social animals, and extended time away from those they consider their "pack", can cause anxiety issues and/or severe separation issues.
- Training builds a solid foundation between you as the owner, and your beloved pet.
- Training helps you understand your pet more closely. He/she begins to rely on your body language as a way to communicate with you.
- Training creates a stronger bond between the two of you and the family. Practicing training can help with one-on-one time spent together, which in turn relaxes your pet and encourages the trust most pet owners so desperately seek.
- Training builds social interaction and confidence your pup will need to navigate through daily occurrences in life. Exposing your pet to different stimuli can help him/her observe what behaviors are acceptable at different times.
All these are GREAT REASONS why we started a program called "PUPPY CULTURE" with your pet on the very first day of whelping.
Click the button below to take you to the PUPPY CULTURE PAGE, which will help you learn what it is and why we chose to include this into our breeding program.
I CAME ACROSS LAURIE LUCK THROUGH MY OWN SEARCH FOR "HOW TO" TRAIN OUR DANES FOR CERTAIN COMMANDS. I FEEL HER VIDEOS ARE THE EASIEST TO FOLLOW AND CHOSE TO IMPLEMENT THEM WITH OUR OWN PUPPIES AND ADULT DANES. I ADDED WHAT I FOUND TO BE THE MOST HELPFUL VIDEOS. SHE DOES SHOW HOW TO USE A CLICKER TO TRAIN, WHICH IS SOMETHING I, MYSELF, GREW TO LIKE AFTER WATCHING HER VIDEOS. WE NOW INCLUDE A CLICKER IN EVERY PUPPY PACK. I ALSO ENCOURAGE YOU TO SUBSCRIBE TO HER YOUTUBE CHANNEL TO VIEW HER OTHER VIDEOS. YOU CAN CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW TO TRANSFER YOU TO HER CHANNEL TO VIEW AND SUBSCRIBE.
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR HELPFUL TRAINING VIDEOS FOR YOUR PUPPY